CHICAGO, June 21, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Family Office Exchange (FOX), a global membership community of enterprise families and their key advisors, will hold its 2017 Autumn Global Investor Forum on September 12 at the Metropolitan Club in New York City. The theme for this Forum is “Risk and Uncertainty All Around.”
The agenda will address investors’ uncertainty resulting from today’s shifting interest rate environment and the systemic risks to the equity markets that may be a consequence of the extraordinary growth of indexing. As family offices continue to make direct investments in operating businesses, we will discuss the less obvious but very important legal and regulatory risks inherent in direct deals and also highlight best practices when performing due diligence on target businesses.
Highlights of the program include:
- Jim Grant on risks to investors resulting from the current regime shift in interest rate policy
- Steven Bregman on the potential risks to equity investors from the extraordinary rise of indexing
- M. Machua Milllett and Timothy Mungovan discussing how family offices should best manage legal and regulatory risks when making direct investments
- David Salem sharing his experience as an institutional CIO as to how he is facing the current challenging investment climate
- A panel of CIOs from family offices, endowments, and foundations on how they are dealing with disruption in the current economic and investment environment
- Break-out sessions covering the landscape of infrastructure investing, due diligence in direct investing, and active, passive and factor-based investing
The FOX Autumn Investment Forum brings together the most sophisticated investors of private capital across the FOX community. The program is designed to educate as well as provide structured and unstructured opportunities for those attending to interact, get to know their peers, and share and compare investment approaches.
“While investing has always been difficult, the state of the current economic environment combined with a weakening conviction in many of the tools that have been cornerstones to portfolio construction, makes this time more important than ever for principals and CIOS of family offices to come together to address Risks and Uncertainty All Around,” said Kristi Kuechler, president of the FOX Private Investor Center. “This is a unique meeting of those responsible for investing for their families.”
Further information and pricing is available at www.familyoffice.com/agif.
About Family Office Exchange
CONTACT: Media contact KC Forsythe [email protected] 1-312-327-1200