AUSTIN, Texas, June 07, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced its upcoming participation in the AFCEA™ Defensive Cyber Operations Symposium running June 13 – 15 in Baltimore, Maryland. SolarWinds will demonstrate how its network, systems and applications, help desk, security, and database management solutions can assist military IT professionals in ensuring that the networks within the Department of Defense (DoD) are adaptive, resilient, and effective across a range of uses and against diverse threats. The company will also host a complimentary networking reception for attendees at the Pratt Street Alehouse.
The U.S. Department of Defense and the government community that builds, operates, and defends networks have a challenging mission. Cyberleaders must continually adapt to future innovations and develop and leverage cutting-edge tools and technologies. To support this effort, AFCEA’s Defensive Cyber Operations Symposium provides a forum where government and industry will focus on “Connect and Protect.”
“The future of cyberwarfare promises to be complex, but that doesn’t mean that managing and monitoring the military’s IT infrastructure must also be,” said David Kimball, senior vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds. “At this year’s AFCEA Symposium, SolarWinds will be demonstrating how our powerful solutions can help our DISA and military partners simplify their network management—which will be a key factor in facilitating a more agile and connected military that’s more prepared to take on evolving conflicts.”
Visit SolarWinds at Booth 617
Join SolarWinds engineers and product experts at booth 617 in the Exhibit Hall to learn more about SolarWinds’ comprehensive IT management software portfolio, including solutions for government networks, security, systems and applications, databases, and more. Attendees can also pick up free SolarWinds gear and experience hands-on demonstrations of SolarWinds’ newest IT management and monitoring products, including:
- SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor – automated network performance monitoring and management
- SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager – network configuration and change management
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor – agentless application and server monitoring
- SolarWinds Log & Event Manager – powerful security information and event management
- SolarWinds Patch Manager – intuitive software for quickly addressing software vulnerabilities
- SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer – database performance monitoring, analysis, and tuning
Network with the SolarWinds Federal Team at Free Event
On Wednesday, June 14, the SolarWinds Federal Team will host a networking event with complimentary appetizers and cocktails at the Pratt Street Alehouse, from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. EST. This event will bring together SolarWinds’ technical and business leaders, customers, partners and event attendees for a chance to network and learn how SolarWinds is helping the Department of Defense change the way it manages and monitors its IT infrastructure with unexpected simplicity. Space is limited and attendees are encouraged to RSVP.
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
- U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
- SolarWinds THWACK® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates available to download for free, which are designed to help users prepare for an inspection. It also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
- Video: SolarWinds IT Management and Monitoring for Government
- Video: SolarWinds Federal Security Compliance
- White Paper: Compliance Guide for Federal Security and IT Pros
SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide, from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, managed service providers (MSPs), government agencies, and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT, MSP, and DevOps professionals, and strive to eliminate the complexity that our customers have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address key areas of the infrastructure from on-premises to the cloud. This focus and commitment to excellence in end-to-end hybrid IT performance management has established SolarWinds as the worldwide leader in both network management software and MSP solutions, and is driving similar growth across the full spectrum of IT management software. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our THWACK online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds and Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.
© 2017 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Katie Hanusik Speakerbox PR Phone: 703.287.7824 [email protected] Michael Klein SolarWinds Phone: 512.498.6372 [email protected]