OVERLAND PARK, Kan., June 07, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Building on its commitment and reputation for delivering outstanding project execution that helps clients meet their goals and objectives, Black & Veatch has achieved ISO 9001 certification for its nuclear business line. The ISO standard defines the criteria for a quality management system that the company applies to engineering services for nuclear contracts and project management activities. Certification followed an extensive audit by Hartford Steam Boiler.
“ISO certification, along with our audited compliant nuclear quality program, assures clients and potential clients that there is a high level of focus on quality, with processes in place to help deliver strong project results,” said Jim McCormick, Nuclear Quality Assurance Manager, Black & Veatch. “The ISO standard further ensures consistency in execution by using quality checkpoints for all projects.”
The ISO 9001 standard emphasizes a process-oriented system, delivering process control, defect prevention, continual improvement, and effectively meeting the client’s business requirements. Benefits of a quality management system includes that a client gains further confidence that the work performed meets their requirements.
McCormick said that as clients evaluate project proposals, ISO certification provides advantages for a company being considered for a project. “ISO certification demonstrates that the certified company has made a positive commitment to customer satisfaction, quality, and ultimately, the continual improvement of processes and services that are delivered to the client,” he added. “The ISO 9001 quality management system also brings with it top management involvement in establishing the quality policy and quality objectives, with a focus on ongoing improvement in the critical elements of nuclear work.”
- Black & Veatch is active with the American Nuclear Society, the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, the World Association of Nuclear Operators, and is represented on various industry technical and code committees.
- The International Organization for Standardization’s ISO 9001:2015 defines the requirements for a quality management system.
- ISO certification required a detailed review of processes covering Black & Veatch nuclear business’ quality management system including: leadership, planning, human resources, document control, operation, communication, project management, procurement, changes, construction management, nonconformances, performance evaluation and improvement.
- Black & Veatch also implements its client approved NQA-1, 10 CFR 50 Appendix B compliant quality program under the ISO 9001 umbrella to meet client quality requirements.
- Hartford Steam Boiler Registration Services (HSB RS) is backed by more than 150 years of experience in inspecting, auditing, and certifying to a variety of domestic and international standards for business and industry worldwide. HSB RS is fully accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB).
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2016 were US$3.2 billion. Follow us at www.bv.com and on social media.
CONTACT: Media Contact Information: GEORGE MINTER | +1 913-458-8001 P | +1 913-972-8811 M | [email protected] 24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149