Charlotte, N.C., June 01, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — – Akoustis Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKTS) (“Akoustis” or the “Company”), a manufacturer of patented single-crystal BulkONE® bulk acoustic wave (BAW) high-band RF filters for mobile and other wireless applications, announced that Rama Vetury, Chief Device Scientist, will present at the IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS) held in Honolulu, Hawaii from June 6 through June 9. Dr. Vetury will present Akoustis’ latest single crystal BAW technology results targeting mobile wireless, WiFi, emerging 5G and Military at the following sessions:
- Technical Session TH2C: Recent Advances in Integrated Acoustic Devices
- Akoustis Presentation: “3.7GHz, Low Loss, 100MHz Bandwidth, Single Crystal, Aluminum Nitride on Silicon Carbide Substrate (AlN-on-SiC) BAW Filter”
- Date: Thursday, 8 June 2017
- Time: 10:10-11:50am HST
- Location: 313B
- Workshop WFL: Materials and Devices for Next-Generation High-Q RF Resonators and Filters
- Akoustis Presentation: “High Frequency, High Power, Single Crystal III-N BAW Devices”
- Date: Friday, 9 June 2017
- Time: 8:00-5:00pm HST
- Location: 316A
For more information regarding IMS 2017, please visit www.ims2017.org
Akoustis is pioneering next-generation material science to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology. The advanced material properties drive electro-mechanical coupling, which translates to wide filter bandwidth. High-band RF filters are achieved by leveraging the Company’s high-sound velocity, single-crystal piezoelectric materials. These single-crystal piezoelectric materials offer high-thermal conductivity along the path of heat flow, enabling high-power handling capability of the RF filter.
Akoustis® (http://www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech RF filter solutions company that designs and manufactures its unique, patented BulkONE® technology to produce single-crystal bulk acoustic wave (BAW) RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Its BulkONE® technology will service the fast growing multi-billion dollar market of device OEMs, network providers, and consumers to diminish Front End phone heat, battery drain and signal loss — all considered to be directly related to current RF polycrystalline filter technologies’ limitations. Akoustis’ capital-efficient business model leverages new and existing investments in manufacturing infrastructure within the semiconductor industry. Akoustis® is located in the Piedmont technology corridor between Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina.
Statements in this press release that are not descriptions of historical facts are forward-looking statements, which are based on management’s current expectations and assumptions and are subject to risks and uncertainties. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology, including “anticipates,” “believes,” “can,” “continue,” “could,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “may,” “plans,” “potential,” “predicts,” “should,” “will,” “would” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those currently anticipated include, without limitation,
- risks relating to the results of our research and development activities, including uncertainties relating to semiconductor process manufacturing;
- the early stage of our BulkONE® technology presently under development;
- our need for substantial additional funds in order to continue our operations and the uncertainty of whether we will be able to obtain the funding we need;
- our ability to retain or hire key scientific, engineering or management personnel; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights that are valuable to our business, including patent and other intellectual property rights;
- our dependence on third-party manufacturers, suppliers, research organizations, testing laboratories and other potential collaborators;
- our planned acquisition of STC-MEMS, and such acquisition may not close, could disrupt our business, may not be successfully integrated, and we may not be able to operate it profitably or realize the benefits of the acquired business within expected timeframes or at all;
- our ability to successfully market and sell our technologies;
- the size and growth of the potential markets for any of our technologies, and the rate and degree of market acceptance of any of our technologies;
- competition in our industry; and
- regulatory developments in the U.S. and foreign countries.
In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking statements regarding future events and circumstances discussed in this press release may not occur, and actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. The forward-looking statements included in this presentation speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, we undertake no obligation to update publicly or privately any forward-looking statements for any reason after the date of this presentation to conform these statements to actual results or to changes in our expectations. The materials do not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of any offer to buy, any securities of Akoustis, or any other entity whatsoever. Any representation to the contrary by any party should be ignored.
Akoustis Contact Information:
Akoustis Technologies, Inc.
VP of Business Development
704-997-5735, ext. 106
The Del Mar Consulting Group, Inc.
Robert B. Prag, President